Every day is different for Mark because his clients face a range of issues, including drafting of employment agreements, accommodation in the workplace, claims of wrongful dismissal and workplace investigations. Using his extensive experience dealing with different workplace situations and representing clients before all types of courts, arbitrators, boards and tribunals, he delivers the best possible outcome by providing timely practical advice.
Mark represents a range of clients, including not-for-profit organizations, start-up businesses and large multinational companies. Mark’s clients do business in many different sectors including retail, manufacturing, transportation, technology and outsourcing. Some of the ways he has helped his clients are by:
- Defending a large food distribution employer against a constructive dismissal claim.
- Providing strategic advice on issues such as employment agreements, human rights, labour standards, workplace misconduct, sick leave and purchase and sale of businesses.
- Representing several employers on various charges, including charges relating to fatal injuries, under both federal and provincial occupational health and safety legislation.
- Providing strategic advice to unionized employers regarding the interpretation of collective agreements, unionization, grievances and arbitration.
- Litigating non-solicitation and non-competition agreements.