Thank you for your interest in Stewart McKelvey. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Please review the application instructions carefully before you commence your application online.
Due to COVID-19, we will be conducting our interviews virtually. In-person interviews may be considered at a later time should restrictions ease.
- The application must be completed by accessing the link on this page.
- The application must be completed in one sitting – you will not be able to log back in and complete it later.
- Please upload a cover letter, resume and transcripts (official transcripts not required) as separate documents. Please upload all documents in PDF format only.
- If you want to be considered in more than one office location, submit one application and indicate your desired offices in the appropriate section. Please do not submit multiple applications.
- If you have any questions about our Student Program, hiring process or recruitment application software, please contact Janet Zed, Coordinator, Student Programs & Lawyer Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.444.1731.
- We invite students at the Schulich School of Law, the University of New Brunswick and Université de Moncton to wait until January 2021 to apply when first semester marks are available. The deadline for these applications is in January (date to be confirmed).
- Given the large number of applications we receive from students at DAL, UNB and UdeM, we ask that applicants wait until January so marks may be included in your initial online application.
- We invite students from all other law schools to apply now.
- You will be expected to submit first semester marks when they are made available.
- Please submit marks by email to Janet Zed, Coordinator, Student Programs & Lawyer Development, at email@example.com.
- The deadline for non-DAL, UNB and UdeM applications is Friday, October 16 at 5:00 pm EST (6:00 pm AST)
2021 Summer Students (1L applicants only) – no 1L positions available in the Halifax office
2022-2023 Articled Clerks with option to summer in 2021 (2L applicants only) – available in all offices
- We are hiring 1L students to summer in our offices located in New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador and Prince Edward Island in 2021.
- We are not hiring 1L students in the Halifax, NS office.
- We are hiring 2L students to article in all offices in 2022-2023, with the option to summer in 2021.
- We are not currently hiring 3L students to article in any of our offices in 2021-2022.