With a background in political science and experience in-house at the Newfoundland and Labrador government, John has worked on a number of high level, complex files from early on in his career, which has given him the confidence to be able to advise clients on what is needed to achieve their ultimate goals. He represents individuals and corporate clients to resolve disputes whether it be in litigation, dispute resolution or negotiations, and never lets the pursuit of perfection get in the way of progress. John has:
- Acted on the lead negotiation team as part of the 2019 $2.5 Billion Atlantic Accord agreement between the provincial government of Newfoundland and Labrador and the federal government of Canada.
- Acted as representative for the Premier’s Office on the province’s Collective Bargaining Negotiations Steering Committee.
- Assumed responsibility under direction from the Premier and Minister of Justice for work toward establishing the Commission of Inquiry Respecting the Muskrat Falls Project.
- Assumed responsibility under direction from the Premier and Minister of Natural Resources for work toward establishing Reference Questions to the Board of Commissioners of Public Utilities: Muskrat Falls Rate Mitigation Options and Impacts.
- Represented interests of clients through media interviews, panel discussions, etc.
- Taught “Law, Governance and Public Policy” and “Constitutional Law” at Memorial University