David has extensive experience across various industries including insurance, mining, media, energy, manufacturing and technology. He has acted as lead advisor for a number of noteworthy Canadian and international clients in a number of areas:
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Acquisition and disposition of both public and private entities. Recent experience includes:
- Acting for Venus Concept Ltd., a privately-held and innovative global aesthetic technology leader in its acquisition of NeoGraft Solutions’ hair restoration business.
- Acting for the owner/operator of a retail property/casualty broker specializing in the transportation and logistics sector in the sale of the broker to a global insurance brokerage, risk management and consulting services firm.
- Acting for a privately-held technology company in its sale of cloud-native software and edge connectivity assets to a leading software supplier for optimizing asset performance.
- Acting for the shareholders of a drilling company in the sale of the company to a large civil contractor.
- Acting for the shareholders of a marine and heavy civil construction company in the sale of the company to a large civil contractor.
- Corporate Finance: Short form public offerings and private placements for both issuers and underwriters including medium term notes, senior and subordinated debt, common and preferred shares and innovative capital structures for financial institutions. David has successfully completed more than 50 corporate finance transactions for private and public entities in a wide range of industries.
- Corporate Governance: Advised and represented clients listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, the TSX Venture Exchange and the Canadian Stock Exchange on corporate governance and continuous disclosure matters. He has prepared internal disclosure policies, proxy circulars, AIFs, annual reports and other disclosure documentation.
- Other: Regularly provided advice and negotiated complex commercial agreements in a variety of different industries including real estate, transportation and logistics, consumer products and construction and equipment.