Suite 900, Purdy’s Wharf Tower One
1959 Upper Water St.
Rick works with clients such as construction companies, radio companies, government, food services companies, international organizations, trucking companies, finance companies and power companies. He has appeared before all levels of Court in the province and labour and employment related tribunals, as well as the Supreme Court of Canada. Some of the ways in which he has assisted his clients include:
- Successfully represented municipality in interest arbitration involving police union.
- Secured substantial monetary damages award for consulting business whose employees secretly competed while employed.
- Successfully represented private sector employers’ organization before Nova Scotia Court of Appeal in high profile medical marijuana benefits human rights appeal.
- Successfully represented employer in wrongful dismissal involving malingering employee that received national attention.
- Successfully represented employer in constitutional challenge to essential services legislation.
- Successfully represented an energy company in a complex construction industry labour relations matter before the Labour Board.
- Successfully represented an international organization in a wrongful dismissal suit before the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada.
- Successfully represented employers in upholding dismissal of employees for theft before arbitrators, the Labour Standards Tribunal and the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal.
- Successfully represented car dealerships before the Nova Scotia Labour Board.
- Successfully represented a securities company before the Nova Scotia Supreme Court in a wrongful dismissal suit.