Gabriel is a bilingual business lawyer and a member of the Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador and the Quebec Bar. Gabriel joined our St. John’s office in 2011, and he regularly works on purchases and sales of businesses, secured financing matters, construction and infrastructure projects, commercial real estate transactions, contracts, as well as new business structures or corporate reorganizations. Gabriel works with small, medium-sized and larger businesses and, having completed two client secondments in his legal career, he has a good understanding of client expectations. Gabriel consistently strives to offer practical solutions and to deliver timely and efficient services, tailored to the client’s needs and business objectives.
By way of examples of representative matters, Gabriel:
- recently negotiated and papered a joint venture for an industrial project in Labrador;
- recently assisted a vendor client with the consolidation of real property interests and the sale of select business assets;
- provides regular advices to a prominent local corporation in contract, transaction and corporate governance matters;
- acted for a purchaser client in setting up local subsidiaries and purchasing business assets;
- acted for an owner in negotiating construction contracts for new industrial facilities in Paradise, NL;
- acted for an owner in the development of a new commercial condominium project in St. John’s, NL;
- regularly acts for lender clients in taking security over real and personal property in the Province of Newfoundland & Labrador; and
- regularly advises entrepreneurs on a variety of compliance and contract interpretation matters.