Working with clients primarily in the marine sector, Kim’s clients are often looking for advice on the types of security available and how to prepare that security for lenders and borrowers. Her experience includes:
- Acting for ship owners in marine regulatory matters.
- Acting for ship owners, insurers, mortgagees and creditors in arrests, releases, bail and settlements for ships.
- Acting for ship owners and as correspondent for P & I clubs in matters such as ship arrests, collisions, cargo claims, environmental infractions.
- Acting for clients in various aspects of maritime litigation, including collisions, submarine cable contacts, cargo claims, personal injury, charterparty disputes, limitation of liability, debt collection, tendering disputes, regulatory matters and marine insurance.
- Acting for ship owners and other interests in vessel registrations, conveyances and financings, and commercial marine contract advice, including charter parties, ship building contracts, and ship repair contracts.
- Advise on coasting trade issues.
- Defence of environmental prosecutions.