600-1741 Lower Water Street
No matter where a transaction takes place, or which industries it involves, Gavin’s unique mix of cross-border experience and practical insight help to successfully close the deal. For public company transactions, his clients look to him for leadership and expertise in structuring, negotiating and closing complex deals with speed, tact and precision.
Working with a diverse group of client companies in real estate, mining, consumer products and media, Gavin helps protect interests and maximize returns. He has:
- Acted for DHX Media Ltd. in connection with concurrent Canadian and U.S. public offerings totaling $65 million.
- Acted for DHX Media Ltd. in connection with its cross-listing on the TSX and NASDAQ.
- Acted for DHX Media Ltd. in connection with its creation and listing of a dual class share capital structure designed to ensure compliance with Canadian ownership restrictions.
- Acted for DHX Media Ltd. in connection to primary and secondary bought deal offerings totaling $168 million.
- Acted for Empire Company in connection with its $1.844 billion public offering of subscription receipts.
- Represented Crombie REIT in bought deal offerings of convertible debentures, trust units and subscription receipts totaling more than $600 million.
- Represented DHX Media Ltd. in a $19 million overnight marketed offering of common shares.
- Represented High Liner Foods Incorporated in its $162 million acquisition of the Marketing and Manufacturing Group of Fishery Products International Limited and related prospectus offering.
- Represented Empire Company Limited in its $1 billion transaction taking Sobeys Inc. private.