Tipper practices in the areas of insurance defence, commercial litigation and real property litigation. He has argued before the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal, the Nova Scotia Supreme Court, the Nova Scotia Small Claims Court and the Nova Scotia Human Rights Tribunal. He looks for the right resolution for the problem, be it a settlement or a court decision. Some of Tipper’s recent matters include:
- Representing a property owner in a boundary dispute involving claims for adverse possession and prescriptive easements.
- Representing two purchasers in a successful breach of contract claim against a resort developer.
- Co-counsel in a fire-loss coverage case where the insurer successfully defended the claim based on a material change in risk.
- Arguing before the Court of Appeal in a commercial dispute.
- Co-counsel in expropriation hearings before the Utility and Review Board.
- Co-counsel in a multi-million dollar breach of contract trial.