600-1741 Lower Water Street
For Geoff’s clients, the stakes involved in litigation are quite significant and affect their bottom line. He works with national and multinational commercial insurance companies, building contractors, building suppliers, directors and officers of corporations, pharmaceutical companies, Chartered Banks and regional business interests involved in litigation disputes. Key cases that represent Geoff’s commitment to success for his clients include:
- Leading the successful defense of a major Canadian Chartered Bank against multimillion dollar claims of breach of contract, fiduciary duty and related allegations.
- Representing a major Canadian insurer in resisting the constitutional challenge to the auto insurance cap legislation in Nova Scotia.
- Acted on a team that successfully represented the former CEO and Chairman of a publicly listed mining company in a multiparty directors and officers liability case involving over $100 plus million and other damages.
- Representing a Regional Municipality in the successful defense of a high profile statutory immunity case.
- Representing other leading regional business interests in private alternative dispute proceedings in relation to construction or commercial claims.