Suite 1000, Brunswick House
44 Chipman Hill
Saint John, N.B.
As a leading lawyer with experience as a civil litigator and insolvency specialist, Steve has worked with a diverse group of clients in finding solutions to challenging situations and when required, delivering successful results in court. Some examples of the services Steve has performed for his clients include:
- Acting as legal counsel to various stakeholders in numerous insolvency proceedings under both the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act.
- Acting as legal counsel to Canada’s leading life and disability insurers and a regular contributor and speaker at events organized by the Canada Life and Health Insurance Association.
- Acting as legal counsel to government and industry on a multi-million dollar lawsuit relating to a bid-rigging and price fixing conspiracy.
- Acting as lead counsel on the successful defence of product liability claims, including claims against a global leader in fibreglass-based products and claims against a major international supplier of fish feed.
- Successfully challenging an exparte order obtained by the Commission of Competition against leading members of the Canadian Brewing Industry.
- Acting as counsel to a major Atlantic Canadian Industry leader in the defence of executive level wrongful dismissal litigation.
- Acting as lead counsel in the defence of wrongful dealer termination claims against a global leader in the supply and distribution of equipment for the forestry and agriculture industries.