Justin carries on a broad commercial law practice. Focusing on open communication, Justin strives to make complicated legal issues understandable for his clients. Justin’s experience includes:
- Acting as in-house legal counsel to a large oil and gas company on a secondment arrangement.
- Acting for companies and individuals in buying and selling businesses and business assets.
- Advising commercial landlords and property owners and drafting leases and related commercial agreements.
- Acting for purchasers, vendors and lenders in commercial and residential real property transactions.
- Advising municipalities in respect of real property and regulatory compliance matters.
- Completing mineral title due diligence and acting as part of a team in advising mining companies, prospectors, and lenders in respect of various mining transactions.
- Acting as co-counsel to a former Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador at the Commission of Inquiry Respecting the Muskrat Falls Project.
- Appearing before the Provincial Court and Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador on behalf of municipalities and companies in various commercial disputes.