Suite 900, Purdy’s Wharf Tower One
1959 Upper Water St.
Effective March 9, 2020, our civic address will change to:
600-1741 Lower Water Street
B3J 0J2 (Please note: postal code was updated February 12th)
Rob is an experienced advocate whose practice is focused on corporate commercial litigation and administrative law, with a special interest in energy, the environment, regulated industries and project approvals. A fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, Rob helps clients understand the legal matters that concern them and maps out the most effective and efficient plan or approach. He has acted as counsel in a wide variety of litigation before the Nova Scotia Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, private arbitration tribunals and the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board (UARB). His practice has included:
- Litigation of major commercial disputes.
- Applications to court.
- Municipal land use planning and approvals.
- Administrative tribunal work and appearances before the UARB on land use planning and development matters; expropriations; water, gas and electrical utility rate hearings; and hearings respecting municipal amalgamations and annexation.
- Applications for judicial review or statutory appeals from tribunal decisions.
- Advice and representation in connection with applications for approvals of projects including the Sable Offshore Energy project, EnCana Corporation in connection with Deep Panuke; Alton Natural Gas Storage Project, and renewable energy projects.
- Acting as project manager for Nova Scotia Environment to draft omnibus environmental legislation reflected in the Environmental Act S.N.S. 1994-5, c.1.
- Aboriginal consultation, mutual benefits agreements and litigation respecting aboriginal rights.
- Acting on environmental assessments including mining, off-shore drilling, environmental clean-up and energy projects.
- Aquaculture and forestry projects.
- Representation in expropriation matters both on behalf of either expropriating authorities or claimants.
- Advice and representation concerning regulation of automobile insurance including appearances before the Nova Scotia and New Brunswick regulators and appeals.