Suite 900, Purdy’s Wharf Tower One
1959 Upper Water St.
Rob is an experienced advocate whose practice is focused on corporate commercial litigation and administrative law, with a special interest in energy and regulated industries, particularly the oil and gas industry. A fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, Rob helps clients understand the legal matters that concern them and maps out the most effective and efficient plan or approach. He has acted as counsel in a wide variety of litigation before the Nova Scotia Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, private arbitration tribunals and the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board (UARB). His practice has included:
- Litigation of major commercial disputes.
- Administrative tribunal work and appearances before the UARB on land use planning and development matters, expropriations, water, gas and electrical utility rate hearings and hearings respecting municipal amalgamations and annexation.
- Applications for judicial review or statutory appeals from tribunal decisions.
- Advice and representation in connection with applications for approvals of projects including the Sable Offshore Energy project and EnCana Corporation in connection with Deep Panuke.
- Acting as project manager for the Nova Scotia Department of the Environment to draft omnibus environmental legislation reflected in the Environmental Act S.N.S. 1994-5, c.1.
- Acting for clients as an advocate on environmental assessments including mining, off-shore drilling, environmental clean-up and energy projects.
- Advice and representation concerning regulation of automobile insurance including appearances before the Nova Scotia and New Brunswick regulators and appeals.