Burtley’s clients range from owner managed businesses to larger private/public companies and are found in industries as diverse as telecommunications, manufacturing, information technology and entertainment. Some examples of how he has helped his clients are:
- The acquisition by Sobeys of the assets of Canada Safeway for approximately $5.8 billion.
- The sale leaseback transaction between Sobeys and Crombie REIT with respect to 70 properties and proceeds of approximately $990 million.
- Corporate Restructuring – re-organizing their business by implementing a more tax-efficient share structure and coordinating amalgamations and dissolutions involving companies in multiple jurisdictions.
- Purchase/Sale of Businesses – assisting with both asset and share transactions including a $75 million sale of a telecommunications customer support centre.
- Commercial Financing – assisting in various credit financing arrangements including a credit financing of a telecommunications company worth approximately $30 million.
- Advertising and Marketing Compliance – providing advice on regulatory compliance of advertising and marketing campaigns, contests and promotions.