Michelle provides sound legal solutions and risk management to corporate commercial clients in a variety of industries including banking, energy, telecommunications and construction. She also works with insurers in such areas as disability insurance, personal injury and property insurance. Michelle has represented clients in commercial arbitrations, Supreme, Small Claims and Federal Court matters, as well as appeals before the Canadian International Trade Tribunal. Some of the ways Michelle helps her clients include:
- Co-counsel in 7 day out-of-province commercial arbitration, successfully defending Nova Scotia corporation.
- Co-counsel in 3 week trial at Supreme Court of Nova Scotia, representing insurer which successfully defended against a claim for long term disability benefits.
- Co-counsel in appeal of Customs Act tariff classification before Canadian International Trade Tribunal, successfully defending multi-national corporations
- Defence of disability insurance, personal injury and property damage claims for national and international insurers, as well as self-insured corporations (incl. banks and transportation companies).
- Advice on trademark and copyright issues, including assistance with Federal Court litigation.
- Assistance with multimillion-dollar commercial litigation and arbitrations, in the areas of energy and construction.
- Conduct of Small Claims Court and Supreme Court of Nova Scotia matters and hearings for businesses and insurers.
- Assistance with debt collection for companies and financial institutions involving multinational assets and parties.
- E-discovery management including collection and organization of, as well as delegation for review of, electronic disclosure in databases with over 1.5 million records.