Working with clients including government, utilities and owner managed businesses, some of the ways Spencer has helped his clients with challenging legal situations are by:
- Representing a provincial government at the Supreme Court of Canada on a significant constitutional law case.
- Representing an electric company in the negotiation and implementation of an energy accord.
- Acting on behalf of the builders of a large bridge on matters pertaining to its construction.
- Representing a large client in the successful resolution of long-standing discrimination claims.
- Defending an insurance company in a precedent-setting insurance claim before the Federal Court of Appeal.