Scott works with a diverse group of clients which include insurers, hospitals and health authorities, pharmaceutical companies, shipping lines, government agencies, educational institutions and real estate developers. Some of the ways he has helped his clients are by:
- Routinely engaged in the provision of advice on the interpretation and application of complex statutory regimes and their interjurisdictional interplay
- Routinely advising on matters of jurisdiction, private international law, constitutional law, procedural and appellate strategy
- Routinely provides constitutional representation, opinion and advice to government organizations and non-governmental industries
- Participating in a number of large-scale mediations, arbitrations and settlements in complex commercial and insurance-related disputes
- Lead counsel or second chair on numerous matters at the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal, Federal Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.