Suite 900, Purdy’s Wharf Tower One
1959 Upper Water St.
Karen works with her clients on a range of issues, including defending professional liability claims, third party liability claims, breach of contract claims, and defamation claims, as well as providing advice on media law issues, specifically online defamation and reputation issues. Her immigration practice includes strategizing with companies working in a wide range of industries on foreign worker recruitment, relocation and retention; advising national and international companies on a variety of issues related to cross-border movement; and assisting individuals in obtaining temporary entrance to Canada, Canadian permanent residence and Canadian citizenship.
Notable decisions Karen has been involved in include:
- Linden Estate v CUMIS Life Insurance Company, 2015 NSCA 20
- Linden Estate v CUMIS Life Insurance Company, 2014 NSSC 115
- Sable Mary Seismic Inc. v Geophysical Service Inc. 2012 NSCA 33
- McIntosh v Isaac Walton Killam-Grace Health Centre 2011 NSSC 260
- McKeough v Miller 2009 NSCC 394
- Sable Mary Seismic Inc. v Geophysical Service Inc. 2008 NSCA 83