Whether Candace is working as part of a team on a large, complex transaction, helping the owners of a family operated business restructure, assisting a young professional purchase her first practice or working pro bono for a not-for-profit organization, Candace’s goal is to achieve the best possible results for her clients. Some of the more recent transactions Candace has been involved with include:
- The acquisition by Sobeys of the assets of Canada Safeway for approximately $5.8 billion, and related financing transactions.
- Representing the borrower in connection with a series of commercial mortgage loans with an aggregate total in excess of $90,000,000.
- Representing the purchaser in connection with the purchase and financing of commercial properties located in six provinces for a purchase price of approximately $430,000,000.
- Acting in an agency capacity, represented the Nova Scotia subsidiary of a United States borrower in respect of the refinancing of a $200,000,000 syndicated revolving credit facility and security given in respect of a $325,000,000 secured notes offering.
- Representing the purchaser in connection with the purchase and financing of telecommunications businesses located throughout Canada, the western United States and the Caribbean.
- Representing a United States publicly traded corporation in connection with the purchase of an Ontario manufacturing business and a marine engineering business with operations in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador.