Andrea works with clients in a broad range of industries advising on transactional and general business matters with a focus on solving problems quickly and efficiently. Andrea’s experience in commercial transactions includes contract negotiation, buying and selling businesses and financings, as well as providing practical commercial advice on day-to-day challenges facing business owners and operators.
Andrea also has extensive experience advising in-house counsel teams on contract drafting, contract risk management, contract lifecycle management and legal project management.
Some examples of Andrea’s representative work includes:
- Negotiating shareholders agreements in closely held family companies, joint venture companies and more widely held start-up companies.
- Providing strategic advice with respect to the structure of commercial purchasing divisions and contract risk management systems.
- Managing large legal projects regarding due diligence, contract review and regulatory compliance.
- Working in-house with a national grocery retailer to provide general corporate advice on a range of matters, including regulatory compliance, supply chain, acquisitions and construction projects.
- Advising boards of directors and management on navigating fiduciary duties and corporate and contractual obligations.
- Preparing and advising boards of directors on corporate governance policies.
- Drafting and negotiating procurement documents, construction supply, construction services and consultant services contracts for large industrial clients and public and private purchasing divisions.
- Acting as lender counsel for various asset based financing transactions.
- Acting for various private companies in asset and share acquisitions, including pharmacy, grocery, fuel, liquor, restaurants and franchises, among others.
- Providing regulatory advice and acting for companies submitting applications for new liquor licences and transfers, renewal, extension of hours, in jurisdictions across Canada.