Suite 1100, Cabot Place
100 New Gower St.
St. John’s, N.L.
Working with a diverse group of clients that include prospectors, mining firms, onshore and offshore oil and gas operators, hydroelectric project developers and product manufacturers, Colm helps to protect interests and achieve results. He has litigated cases before the NL Mineral Rights Adjudication Board and the NL Public Utilities Board, at all levels of the NL Courts, and in the Supreme Court of Canada. Colm has acted as counsel in:
- Numerous Newfoundland and Labrador mining and other natural resources transactions
- Mining royalty arbitrations under the International Commercial Arbitration Act
- Litigation of aboriginal rights claims (including CEPA, Fisheries Act, and provincial environmental legislation)
- Defence of environmental charges
- Prosecution and defence of product liability claims involving products as diverse as hockey skates and offshore heat tracing
- Commercial mediations and litigations in matters ranging from simple contract breaches to civil fraud
- NAFTA matters, including acting as lead NL counsel for AbitibiBowater Inc. in its 2009 case against the Government of Canada, resolved by settlement in 2010