Working with all sizes of companies, individuals, banks and real estate investment trusts, some of the ways Matthew helps his clients are by:
- Representing purchasers and vendors in sales of properties.
- Representing tenants and landlords in tenancy disputes.
- Representing purchasers and sellers in the acquisition or sale of shares and assets.
- Representing purchasers, vendors and lenders in mortgage based financings.
Examples of Matthew’s work includes:
- The acquisition by Sobeys of the assets of Canada Safeway for approximately $5.8 billion.
- The sale leaseback transaction between Sobeys and Crombie REIT with respect to 70 properties and proceeds of approximately $990 million.