Working with clients in diverse fields such as construction, renewable energy, real estate management and forestry, Trevor has assisted these clients by:
- Representing Sobeys in a private placement offering of $300 million aggregate principal amount floating rate senior unsecured notes due July 14, 2016.
- Representing Sobeys in the acquisition of the assets of Canada Safeway for approximately $5.8 billion, with a particular focus on Empire’s public offering, on a fully marketed basis, of 24.2 million Subscription Receipts (including exercise in full of the over-allotment option) for gross proceeds of $1.844 billion and a $1 billion unsecured debt, on a private placement basis, from Sobeys.
- Representing Sobeys in the sale leaseback transaction with Crombie REIT in respect to 70 properties and proceeds of approximately $990 million, with a particular focus on the public offering, on a bought-deal basis, of 17.7 million subscription receipts at $12.70 per subscription receipt and $75 million aggregate principal amount of 5.25% convertible extendible unsecured subordinated debentures, along with a $175 million aggregate principal amount of senior unsecured debt on a private placement basis.
- Representing both lenders and borrowers in many commercial financings. These have included a $116 million financing of a downtown Halifax property, $107 million financing for a renewable energy project and a $500 million syndicated loan;
- Representing clients in structural reorganizations, involving continuances, amalgamations and tax planning; and
- Representing owner managed businesses in either the sale or acquisition of a business, from initial due diligence to post-transaction structural planning.