Suite 900, Purdy’s Wharf Tower One
1959 Upper Water St.
Colleen represents private companies, reporting issuers, publicly-traded companies listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange, and underwriters on a wide variety of corporate finance, corporate commercial and securities law matters, including public offerings, private placements, debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and restructuring transactions. She also advises clients on regulatory compliance and corporate governance best practices. She has acted for government agencies in connection with large P3/infrastructure and financing projects and has extensive experience in policy and regulatory matters in the Canadian gaming industry. Colleen has represented clients in connection with:
- Bought deal prospectus offerings of common shares, convertible subordinated debentures and other securities by publicly-traded companies in the seafood, manufacturing and mining sectors;
- Brokered and non-brokered private placements of securities;
- Reorganizations of publicly-traded income funds in the seafood, hospitality and real estate sectors, as well as an agricultural cooperative, through court-approved statutory plans of arrangement;
- Asset spin-out transactions through triangular amalgamations and reverse take-overs in the mining sector;
- Doing private transactions involving significant divestitures of assets, court-approved statutory plans of arrangement and squeeze-out amalgamations in the seafood and renewable energy sectors;
- Initial listing applications on the TSX and TSX-V and inter-tier graduations;
- Take-over bids, substantial issuer bids and normal course issuer bids;
- Initial public offerings and qualifying transactions under the Capital Pool Company program of the TSX-V; and
- The negotiation and drafting of a series of agreements related to the design, construction, equipment and commissioning as well as the operation and maintenance of large infrastructure projects, including in connection with Nova Scotia’s casinos and a number of municipal wastewater collection systems and treatment plants.