Richard’s clients come to him looking for assistance with transactions, negotiations, intellectual property and information technology matters. Working with small and large corporate and institutional clients, some of the ways Richard has helped his clients with these issues are by:
- The acquisition by Sobeys of the assets of Canada Safeway for approximately $5.8 billion.
- The sale leaseback transaction between Sobeys and Crombie REIT with respect to 70 properties and proceeds of approximately $990 million.
- Acting as national intellectual property (IP) counsel for a national grocer and a seafood company.
- Acting as national information technology (IT) counsel for a national grocer, often with extremely high-value, complex and time-sensitive matters.
- Acting for a multinational corporation in the incorporation of and various transactions of its many Nova Scotia subsidiaries.
- Acting for an offshore oil and gas provider in its acquisition of another company.