Hilary has a broad practice which expands to meet her clients’ needs. She has assisted in all stages of the litigation process, from preparing statement of claims, defences, motion/application materials, factums and affidavits for complex civil litigation files. Hilary also has experience preparing submissions for labour arbitrations and has conducted legal research on an expansive range of legal issues, including issues relating to real property disputes, commercial law and civil procedure. Throughout her practice, Hilary has:
- Acted as an agent of the Public Prosecution Service of Canada, working with investigative agencies in the prosecution of Controlled Drugs and Substances Act offences.
- Acted for insurance companies in an array of insurance matters, including coverage opinions, subrogated actions and insurance defense in the area of bodily injury.
- Provided employment advice to businesses and non-profit organizations with respect to human rights matters.
- Represented vendors and purchasers in real property transactions.
- Prepared wills, powers of attorney and health care directives.
- Guided executors and personal representatives through the probate and estate administration process.
- Represented permanent residents of Canada with respect to citizenship and spousal sponsorship immigration applications.