When clients come to Hilary with an issue, she ensures that she makes it her issue as well. Because of this, clients know that their problems will be resolved as quickly as possible. Hilary does for her clients what she would want her lawyer to do in a challenging situation, and so she is sure to provide a clear, concise explanation of the law to bring about successful outcomes. Throughout her practice, Hilary has:
- Assisted in all stages of the litigation process, from preparing statement of claims, defences, motion/application materials, factums and affidavits for complex litigation files.
- Prepared for discoveries, pre-trials and trials.
- Assisted in the preparation of submissions for labour arbitrations and administrative hearings.
- Prepared share purchase agreements and agreements of purchase and sale.
- Prepared Wills, power of attorney documents, and health care directives.
- Researched a wide range of legal issues, including issues related to child and spousal support, labour and employment, personal injury damages, wills and estates, negligence, Charter violations, real property disputes, commercial law and civil procedure.