From individuals, community groups and owner operated businesses, to franchises and financial institutions, Michael has:
- Obtained a declaration for statutory rescission on behalf of a franchisee from the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, and successfully resisted the franchisor’s appeal to the Ontario Court of Appeal;
- Routinely conducted examinations under oath on behalf of insurers where fraudulent claims were suspected;
- Advocated for community groups and individuals at municipal deputations, stakeholder meetings and as counsel at a judicial review before the Ontario Divisional Court;
- Prosecuted and defended contractual claims, particularly those with a bad faith or unjust enrichment component;
- Advanced and defended professional negligence claims in a wide variety of contexts.