Britt has helped a diverse group of clients such as governments, small and large business owners, banks, established and new market intellectual property companies, and estates and executors with their complex affairs. Some examples of how he has helped them include:
- Advising business owners on estate planning issues; constructing and implementing multiple complex reorganizations and estate plans; advising executors on administration of complex estates; and representing both estates and beneficiaries in legal proceedings involving estate interpretations and challenges.
- Advising on numerous IP commercialization opportunities, as well as providing development and funding business advice on national and international transactions and negotiations.
- Acted for a large US defence contractor in successfully defending a claim of misappropriation of IP and breach of contract.
- Provided strategic advice to a post-secondary educational institution in IP protection and development strategies.
- Led legal teams in advising various provincial governments on PPP tenders and procurements, as well as on traditional procurements.