Sheree’s clients include corporations (including directors, officers and shareholders), manufacturers, banks, receivers and individuals in insolvency cases, construction companies and insurers. Some of the ways she has helped her clients include:
- Routinely acting for manufacturers and suppliers in product liability cases, including advising clients on handling potential recalls and management of customer claims.
- Representing a transportation/shipping company in a hearing before the Canadian International Trade Tribunal in a case involving a tender dispute.
- Successfully representing Sobeys in its court challenge of the Sunday shopping legislation and regulations passed by the Nova Scotia government.
- Representing commercial, property and automobile insurers in Nova Scotia, including coverage disputes and defending claims.
- Advising parties in shareholders disputes and oppression claims, including, for example, representing a national real estate brokerage in a shareholder dispute arising out of a property syndication in Alberta.
- Representing parties in obtaining and defending injunctions.