Jonathan works primarily in the area of administrative and public law, representing individuals, government agencies, and regulated entities before courts and tribunals. He has:
- Acted as counsel for a provincial Attorney General in significant cases involving the Constitution Act, 1867.
- Advised government agencies and decision-makers on their obligations under federal and provincial legislation.
- Recovered property valued at more than $2M USD for a foreign state agency.
- Defended individuals in criminal and regulatory proceedings.
- Prosecuted offences under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act as an agent of the Public Prosecution Service of Canada.
- Secured settlements of more than $1M CDN for losses resulting from defective supplies.
- Appeared in the Supreme Court of Canada, Provincial Court of Prince Edward Island, the Supreme Court of Prince Edward Island, the Prince Edward Island Court of Appeal, the Tax Court of Canada, and the Federal Court.
- Represented parties before the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Prince Edward Island, Island Regulatory and Appeals Commission, Prince Edward Island Labour Relations Board, Prince Edward Island Human Rights Commission, Maritime Provinces Harness Racing Commission, Immigration and Refugee Protection Board of Canada, Employment Insurance Board of Referees, Public Service Commission of Canada, Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada, and the Commission of Inquiry into the Decline of Sockeye Salmon in the Fraser River.