Suite 900, Purdy’s Wharf Tower One
1959 Upper Water St.
Maurice works with lending institutions, government agencies, large service firms and large manufacturers on a wide variety of issues. His work has included:
- Representing the Province of Nova Scotia in relation to the bankruptcy/receivership of Trentonworks Limited and the sale of assets to DSME Trenton Ltd.
- Representing High Liner Foods Inc. in connection with syndicated financing with the Royal Bank of Canada.
- Representing the Province of Nova Scotia in connection with commercial agreements relating to the Yarmouth Ferry project
- Representing Royal Bank of Canada in connection with receiverships for a large Nova Scotia retailer and a Nova Scotia tourist establishment
- Representing Secunda Canada LP in connection with financing transactions with Bank of Montreal
- Representing Crombie REIT in relation to the acquisition of various commercial properties and the financing of a significant portion of the portfolio
- Providing commodity tax advice in relation to the acquisition by Sobeys of the assets of Canada Safeway
- Acted on several recent CCAA matters for Royal Bank of Canada, other lenders and creditors