Largely focusing on litigation (commercial, construction and insurance), Erin is the chair of the Newfoundland and Labrador litigation group. She also deals in intellectual property, including trademark prosecution (registrations), copyright, entertainment, media law and privacy. Within her varied practice, Erin has assisted her clients by:
- Managing complex litigation files and obtaining excellent and timely results for her clients.
- Appearing before all levels of court in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Developing and implementing high level litigation, privacy and corporate structuring strategies.
- Becoming fluent in major project litigation advanced document review and production platforms.
- Resolving complicated commercial real estate disputes.
- Acting as counsel for Premier Kathy Dunderdale at the Muskrat Falls Public Inquiry. Hearings proceeded for a full year and required the management of over a million documents.
- Acting as lead counsel for the applicant in the successful Afterlife obituary class action with over a million class members and resulting in an award of $20 million for class members.
- Acting as counsel for the successful plaintiff in a dispute over an alleged right-of-way.
- Acting as counsel for the Intervenor, APTN, in a significant media law appeal decision wherein an injunction was vacated relieving journalist Justin Brake of the consequences of a contempt order.