Ryan’s practice involves all aspects of corporate law, with a focus on commercial real estate, commercial banking and debt financing (including significant experience in renewable resource project financing). Representative matters include:
- Representing Sobeys Inc. in the acquisition of the assets of Canada Safeway for approximately $5.8 billion.
- Representing Crombie REIT in the acquisition and financing of 70 commercial properties for approximately $990 million.
- Acting as de facto general counsel for local tech startup companies, which has included successful seed, Series A and B financings and the negotiation of complicated licensing and re-seller agreements relating to each company’s SaaS offering
- Acting for the lenders in the financing of multiple COMFIT wind energy projects in Nova Scotia.
- Representing the owner in the development and financing of a large commercial wind farm, which included a $107 million syndicated loan.
- Representing a national retailer in the acquisition of a large, iconic Atlantic Canadian home improvement chain.
- Acting for a large Canadian company in its joint venture with the largest diversified supplier of construction materials in North America.