Giles’ job is to help his clients resolve disputes in an efficient and timely way, through litigation, negotiation, or settlement. Giles works with a variety of clients, including insurers, municipalities, businesses, and employers. Giles’s broad practice includes:
- Advice and assistance in complicated, multi-million dollar corporate-commercial disputes;
- Acting for municipalities and their insurers in respect of flooding claims;
- Acting for insurers in personal injury matters;
- Acting for and advising municipalities in respect of conflict of interest allegations, development and real property disputes, and expropriation matters;
- Acting for and advising employers in a range of matters, including discipline, terminations, and employment contracts;
- Acting for and advising members of the construction industry in disputes involving the design and execution of complex projects, as well as competitive bidding and tendering; and,
- Appearing for a diverse range of clients in all levels of court in Newfoundland and Labrador, the Federal Court, and various administrative tribunals.