Our Immigration law team has the experience necessary to counsel and assist clients who bring international business travelers, professionals or skilled workers to Canada through the necessary employment-based immigration processes.
In addition to advising employers about work permit processes and work permit exemptions, we also assist with questions relating to a foreign national’s eligibility and admissibility to Canada.
Both employers and their international hires must understand the specific application procedures to be followed at Canadian visa offices abroad, the Canadian border, or inland processing centres. Because of the visa and medical requirements that apply to certain foreign nationals, the Canadian immigration process is more straightforward for citizens and residents of some countries and more complex and lengthy for others.
Our Immigration team works hard to streamline the immigration approval process for clients who require the services of international candidates in Canada. As strategic advisors, we work with employers to develop immigration action plans for obtaining the approvals necessary to bring key foreign nationals to Canada (and to retain them) in a timely and compliant manner.
Click on any of the following articles to learn more about a variety of immigration topics:
- Can my child obtain a work permit?
- Bringing top talent to Canada’s educational institutions
- Post-Brexit impact on CETA mobility
- Beyond the border: Immigration update – January 2020
- My PR Card expired! What do I do?
- Five compliance tips (for employers of foreign workers)
- Employer immigration compliance obligations
- Beyond the border: Immigration update – November 2019
- Coming to Canada? You may need biometrics / Mise à Jour : Vous pensez bientôt venir au Canada? Vous pourriez avoir besoin de fournir vos données biométriques