Our Immigration law team has the experience necessary to counsel and assist clients who bring international business travelers, professionals or skilled workers to Canada through the necessary employment-based immigration processes. Our Immigration team can also help clients navigate the ever-changing travel restrictions and quarantine requirements that have further complicated the process of entering Canada for work during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition to advising employers about work permit processes and work permit exemptions, we also assist with questions relating to a foreign national’s eligibility and admissibility to Canada.
Both employers and their international hires must understand the specific application procedures to be followed at Canadian visa offices abroad, the Canadian border, or inland processing centres. Because of the visa and medical requirements that apply to certain foreign nationals, the Canadian immigration process is more straightforward for citizens and residents of some countries and more complex and lengthy for others.
Our Immigration team works hard to streamline the immigration approval process for clients who require the services of international candidates in Canada. As strategic advisors, we work with employers to develop immigration action plans for obtaining the approvals necessary to bring key foreign nationals to Canada (and to retain them) in a timely and compliant manner.
Click on any of the following articles to learn more about a variety of immigration topics:
- Beyond the border: Immigration update – March 2021
- COVID-19 immigration update – April 2020 (last updated March 2021)
- Building French language ability in Canada through immigration – February 2021
- New pre-boarding COVID-19 testing requirements – January 2021
- Beyond the border: Immigration update – December 2020
- What steps must employers take to hire a foreign worker? – November 2020
- How to improve your Express Entry score – October 2020
- Canada’s bid to attract entrepreneurs: the Start-up Visa Program – October 2020
- The limits of open work permits – September 2020
- Beyond the border: Immigration update – September 2020
- Entry of business persons to Canada under CUSMA – July 2020
- Travelling to visit a cottage or summer home in Canada during COVID-19 – June 2020
- Newfoundland and Labrador introduces travel ban – May 2020
- New Brunswick restricts entry of temporary foreign workers – April 2020 (last updated May 2020)
- Can my child obtain a work permit? – February 2020
- Bringing top talent to Canada’s educational institutions – February 2020
- Post-Brexit impact on CETA mobility – February 2020
- Beyond the border: Immigration update – January 2020
- My PR Card expired! What do I do? – January 2020
- Five compliance tips (for employers of foreign workers) – January 2020
- Employer immigration compliance obligations – January 2020
- Beyond the border: Immigration update – November 2019
- Coming to Canada? You may need biometrics / Mise à Jour : Vous pensez bientôt venir au Canada? Vous pourriez avoir besoin de fournir vos données biométriques – December 2018